Tuesday, January 5


*According to the Jan. 8th issue of Entertainment Weekly these are the 25 movies to watch before the Oscars (March 7th):

- Up in the Air
- Avatar
- The Hurt Locker
- Precious
- Inglourious Basterds
- Invictus
- An Education
- Up
- A Serious Man
- The Messenger
- Julie & Julia
- A Single Man
- Crazy Heart
- The Blind Side
- The Last Station
- Nine
- Star Trek
- District 9
- Fantastic Mr. Fox
- The Lovely Bones
- (500) Days of Summer
- It's Complicated
- The Young Victoria
- Bright Star
- The Informant!

So how many have you guys seen? I've seen 8 out of the 25. I am not too excited about most of the films listed, it seems like a slow year. (FYI, I wrote the same thing last year but honestly this year I really think there is nothing good.)

On a different note Stephen King listed his favorite movies of 2009 in the same issue; quite interesting:
10. 2012
9. Fantastic Mr. Fox
8. The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3
7. Law Abiding Citizen
6. District 9
5. The Reader
4. Disgrace
3. The Road
2. The Last House on the Left
1. The Hurt Locker

2 comments:

pigern said...

I saw The Messenger tonight, so 13. Thanks to the screening series! Last one ever for me...

Cup-O-Noodles said...

I saw 6. There are a few on there I would like to see.... via Netflix. Not many I would pay to see in the theater. This year has been less than stellar for movies.

I am glad Stephen King gave a shout out to the Reader. It really was the best movie in last years Oscar competition.