Monday, January 4

Today I checked my office inbox and received a corporate e-mail that informed me I could look forward to the closure of several magazines and imminent layoffs. Happy new year! This was already expected, as the entire sale process has been a long and difficult one, but most employees were upset that the e-mail was sent the morning of Dec. 31, right before everyone’s New Year’s Eve celebrations. I don’t check my office e-mail outside of work, so I hadn’t heard the news, but that is in pretty poor form. At least it wasn’t Christmas, I guess.

4 comments:

Cup-O-Noodles said...

Boooo! I hope you stay on! Good thing you're not house hunting like sis.

Curelover said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Curelover said...

I am not in the safe zone either. Anything can happen to me and I admit I am not 100% comfortable about this house hunting stuff.

pigern said...

Well, the suspense is over. I guess it's better than waiting for a really long time not knowing. Oh well.