Saturday, March 14

Topic: Movies, TV

*25. Star Trek III: The Search for Spock Dir: Leonard Nimoy 3.5 stars
26. The Wings of the Dove Dir: Iain Softley 4.1 stars
27. Let the Right One In (Lat den ratte komma in) Dir: Toma Alfredson 3.7 stars
I can't believe they are remaking Let the Right One In (2010). Good gosh.

*I know I know I should be glad I have a job given these bleak economic times but man ... (sigh) some days are rough.

*Since I haven't been home much I am not plowing through movies :( but I am still watching as much TV as I can :). I watched the new show Castle on ABC only because Nathan Fillon is in it and I dig him. It is a bit on the cheesey side and could be better but I'll stick with it.

24 has been MIND BLOWING good (sniff) we'll miss you Bill B. I pretty much stopped watching How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang but I will try to catch up. Life is not as good as I remember it to be but I'll still watch. Lost is getting harder and harder to watch because it is getting sillier and lamer but the ep from last week was good cause it was all Sawyer :) HOT!! Battlestar Galactica has been AMAZING and so sad that next week it will be the end. It seems wrong that one of the smartest shows on TV is coming to an end ... what a shame. Ha ha I guess that is enough of my TV talk.

*In regards to movies in the theaters the only one I'm interested in watching is Watchmen even though everyone I know who has seen tell me it was too long and not great.

*I feel like there have not been a lot of good music or shows lately but finally some good stuff is coming out. The new Yeah Yeah Yeahs album It's Blitz is pretty good. I am digging that as well as the new Franz Ferdinand which is odd because I did not like their earlier work. Oh and Nina Persson from The Cardigans side project A Camp is good stuff. The only shows I have lined up for sure now are The Cure at the Pearl in Vegas (I HEART THEM), Silversun Pickups at the Glasshouse and I want to check out Fever Ray when they hit up the El Rey. I bought tickets to see Depeche Mode at the Hollywood Bowl but now I might not go. The ticket was $175 bucks face value before all the crazy service fees. That is INSANE. Anyways NIN is coming back into town and I much rather see them :) Oh Trent (sigh).

3 comments:

Jim said...

I've enjoyed 24 this season too, and like how they're in D.C. Though it does amuse me how they manage to fit a shot of the Capitol into the background of every other scene!

Cup-O-Noodles said...

Is Silversun on sale? I need to go!

I would say Depeche Mode is for me like The Cure is for y... well... no. But I do love me some D-Mode and I wouldn't even pay that kind of money to see them.

I loved Let The Right One In.

I am reading The Watchmen right now and I HATE it. And I am seeing the movie Saturday and NOT looking forward to it.

Oh and I really like the new Franz Ferdinand cd which is funny for me as well because I like maybe 5 songs of all their other material. But the new one is so fun. haha.

Curelover said...

Yup Silversun went on sale on Thurs. Go get your tickets. Yea I like DM as well but those prices are sick.

Ha ha The Watchmen was okay ... I only read like 1/4 of it.

Yea the new Franz is great ... just totally different and fun.

I need to get the new Kelly Clarkson cd.

Oh and Jim I love how 24 is being shot in D.C. Awesome!!!