Friday, May 9

(M) Third. (Portishead, 2008) Grade: B+

Thoughts: I never really got into Portishead back in the 90's but their latest album, after 11 years, is some excellent shite. I dig the beats and sounds and Beth Gibbons' voice is amazing. Some of my favorite tracks are : Slience, Machine Gun, Hunter and We Carry On.

Topic: Kung Fu Panda, The Only One

*At first I thought this movie looked so dumb but now I think I might actually go check it out :)


*The Cure are releasing a single each month leading up to the full length album coming out in Sept. The first one comes out May 13th entitled The Only One with a b-side NY Trip. Originally the song was called the Please Project but they renamed it. The lyrics crack me up.


*Yesterday, I found out my dad's long time good friend passed away. He had some heart issues and fell into a coma, then passed away. He was 67. I am pretty bummed because my dad is sad and because he was such a good family friend. I remember calling him Uncle all the time when I was a kid. Death is depressing.

No comments: