Thursday, November 29

(A) X, Kylie Minogue (2007) grade: A-

Being Kylie's 10th studio album, X is her "first commercial release since being diagnosed with breast cancer". I had been anticipating the album for quite some time, especially after a slew of leaked tracks since last May, of which my favorite was "Excuse My French" (although this did not make the album).
The first single, "2 Hearts" (see video below), caught my ear with a sound similar to Goldfrapp, but notable for being something different for Kylie. X follows suit with some heavy electro influences but isn't such a departure from the Kylie-pop her fans have loved her for. A couple favs so far include "In My Arms" (a demo of which leaked last May), "The One" (reminds me of an 80s song), and "Wow" (an excellent pop song reminiscent of her 2002 hit, "Love at First Sight"). Overall, I'm enjoying the album, definitely worth a listen.
X was released in the U.K. this past Monday, Nov 21, but is set for a U.S. release on Feb. 12, 2008 (booooo!). I was able to download it legally from 7digital for £5.00

2 comments:

pigern said...

yay! bleed like me blogged. :) new wave will be happy bleed.

bleed like me said...

i know! and i didn't even receive any death threats :)