Tuesday, November 27

Topic: Long Weekend

*Wed: half day of work is always nice, went to see Travis last minute at the Wiltern, fun show and they played Twenty ... love that song, spent some time on Crunchyrolldotcom and watched The Shopaholics.

(M) Jui oi nui yun kau muk kong (The Shopaholics). (Wai Ka Fai, 2006) Grade: C-

Thoughts: Silly and dumb movie about a shopaholic (Cecilia Cheung), her doctor (Lau Ching Wan), his lover (Ella Koon) and a rich man (Jordan Chan). It was a mess and all over the place but I still found some parts enjoyable; probably the Chinese fob in me :)


*Thurs: stayed home all day, watched BSG: Razor and LOVED it, ate my mommy's yummy turkey done Asian style, had some good pumpkin pie and made some pumpkin cookies :)

(TV) Battlestar Galactica: Razor. (Felix Enriquez Alcala, Wayne Rose, 2007) Grade: A

Thoughts: Thanks to Pigern and her awesome job she hooked me up with an advance copy of the BSG: Razor movie. It was amazing mainly because I’m a huge fan of the show. It has been months since I have seen anything BSG related so it was a treat to watch this movie. It made me realize what a great show BSG really is. April 2008 is way too long to wait for new eps. (Sigh)


*Fri: had a cheap Chinese breakfast with some friends, decided to check out the madness at Target (wasn't too bad), watched Lars and the Real Girl, watched Grandma's Boy (review to come later) and played some Wii, Paper Mario is cool but hard.

(M) Lars and the Real Girl. (Craig Gillespie, 2007) Grade: B+

Thoughts: Lars Lindstrom (Ryan Gosling) is a quiet young man living in the back house of the home of his older brother Gus (Paul Schneider) and pregnant sister-in-law Karin (Emily Mortimer). One day a package arrives at the house containing Lars’ new girlfriend, a giant plastic doll. I enjoyed the film quite a bit up until the last act. I liked how troubled and affected they showed Lars and his disconnect from society and dislike of touching. However, I had a hard time accepting the ending from a cost analysis and just this is getting retarded perspective. The movie should get a B from me but I added the + for Emily Mortimer and Patricia Clarkson (Lars’ doctor) performances.


*Sat: watched Rocky (review to come later), had soon tofu with my buddy from Fresno who was in town, got a bit of drinking done and yogurt to follow.

*Sun: bowled a 173 for my bowling league .. then a sad 110 and 116 game. Dang it.


Movie Count: 108

4 comments:

pigern said...

Yay for Travis ... boo for Jaffa cakes. Ha ha. Fran wore the same shirt in Vegas.

Cup-O-Noodles said...

Lars And The Real Girl is one of my favorite movies of the year. I thought it was absolutely brilliant.

Curelover said...

Favorite of the year? Absolutely brilliant? Really???

It was enjoyable but nothing special.

Reserve Result (RR) said...

I haven't seen Lars and The Real Girl, good to know what to expect.

(RR)