Tuesday, October 2

My friends got press passes to the first night of Morrissey’s residency at the Palladium. This photo is one that my friend took. She was that close! Here’s the set list:

Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before / Tomorrow / All You Need is Me / Sister, I’m A Poet / That’s How People Grow Up / London / Billy Budd / The Loop / Why Don’t You Find Out For Yourself? / Stretch Out And Wait / First Of The Gang To Die / Let Me Kiss You / Death Of A Disco Dancer / Disappointed / You Have Killed Me / In The Future When All’s Well / I Like You / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Dear God, Please Help Me / How Soon Is Now? // Irish Blood, English Heart

I’m going to the last night of his residency, but I’ll probably find myself wandering to the Palladium on a random night as well. Viva Morrissey!

5 comments:

pigern said...

Moz canceled two of his shows due to plumbing issues. Rumors are swirling that the real cause is poor ticket sales. :(

pigern said...

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/article.pl?sid=07/10/03/004212

Cup-O-Noodles said...

Poor ticket sales would not surprise me, he is touring here every 6 months doing these 5 night gigs.

That being said, with a setlist like that I'd TOTALLY go see him!!! I saw him many years ago and was disappointed in the setlist and have never gone to see him again. Maybe I should buy myself a ticket... and help out with those "plumbing issues".

pigern said...

Here's the set list for night no. 2. Sister, I'm A Poet / The Loop / The National Front Disco / Last Of The Famous International Playboys / The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself? / That's How People Grow Up / Ganglord / Human Being / Stretch Out And Wait / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Tomorrow / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / I Just Want To See The Boy Happy / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Dear God, Please Help Me / How Soon Is Now? // Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before

pigern said...

This is probably just me talking about Moz, but I figure it's better to post here than write another blog. Read this on Morrissey-solo: he passed the mic to a woman in the audience after playing "Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself". she asked to hear something from "Kill Uncle" and Moz replied "Not while blood runs through this body. Don't rake up my mistakes."
Ha ha! I don't like Kill Uncle much.