Friday, September 28

Vacation: London, Paris, Amsterdam.

I'll keep this brief. The trip was amazing. I had a great time. Paris blew everything away, but I enjoyed London and Amsterdam was not too bad either (their food was most appealing).

               

I left on a Friday afternoon from the US and arrived Saturday morning in London and stayed up all day and into the night, so my first day I was awake for about 35 hours. I spent my time basically just walking around the city and just seeing what popped up. I saw some of the typical sights too: Tower of London, Tower Bridge, Buckingham Palace, Westminster, London Eye, the tower Big Ben is in, museums (outsides only), Piccadelly Square, London Library, St. Paul's Cathedral, and tons of churches and I stumbled across a film being made as well. Only went to one pub. Went to some festival. Saw Digitalism at a club (best concert of the year). I probably walked 30-40 miles on my second day there just looking at everything. Had Indian Food.

                   
Paris was beautiful. Again, saw the typical sights. Since I don't speak the language I didn't do much talking, nor did I get to do much dining since I couldn't read menu's. Survived on Crepes (which is fine by me). Eiffel Tower, Arc De Triumph, Champse Elyssess, Louve, Notre Dame, Bastille, Jim Morrisons grave, Oscar Wilde's grave, Jean Paul Sartre's grave, Samuel Beckett's grave, and probably more things I am forgetting about. Visited sights from the movie Before Sunset. Probably walked just as much if not more than I did in London.

               
Amsterdam is like Vegas, a party city. Hash bars, Red Light District, some restaurant/club area, tourist shopping places, Anne Frank's house (didn't get inside due to it being Yom Kippur), Dam Square. Didn't see as much here or walk as much as there is no comparrison in scale to London and Paris. Was a nice place to check out though. Red Light Girls give you 15 minutes of time and the dollar amount varies based on what you want but from what I gather you most likely pay no more than 50 unless you want to do S&M. I have a shot glass with all the info on it. Some of the women working the windows were absolutely beautiful. Some... not so hot.

Anyway... I had a great time. Would love to go back. Planning on Spain next year.

(Note: I don't know how to spell).

4 comments:

pigern said...

A shot glass eh? Did it come free with service? Ha ha.

pigern said...

Did you go inside the British library? It has an awesome staircase.

Cup-O-Noodles said...

Yep. I went in the library. I was surprised by all the dining areas. The library is rather large though.

And no... I bought he shot glass. No servicing for me... at least... not if it costs money.

Darth said...

Did you get to go to Lower and Upper Uncton while in England?