Saturday, October 6















(M) Darjeeling Limited (Wes Anderson, 2007) Grade: B
Probably the most entertaining thing about this screening came after the movie, when mega fan No. 1 asked director Wes a three-part question and said she devised a name for his so-called characters, Andersonia. Wow. The movie itself was beautifully shot, lots of great cinematography and set designs. Upon leaving the theatre, I gave it a B+, but then when I thought more about it, I started thinking about the characters (not too well developed), the plot (three wealthy men on a spiritual journey through India) and the filmmaking techniques (could there be any more slow motion montages?), so I knocked it down a bit. Also, for those of you wondering about the iTunes short, Wes wants you to see it before the movie, so you can watch the short, have a coffee, take some phone calls, and then watch the movie, ideally. I saw the short and the film back to back, which didn’t ruin it too much.

1 comment:

Curelover said...

I use to really like Wes Anderson films but as of late can't say I'm all that excited about this film. I'll prob. just rent the thing.