Tuesday, September 11

Well it’s the sixth year anniversary of the Twin Towers attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, which is a tragedy that could be likened to JFK’s assassination, in the “where were you when … happened?” For me, I was spending the summer in Boston. The mother of the family I lived with told me that planes had crashed in NYC that morning, but I didn’t really understand what had happened until I watched it unfold on TV. I also met a lot of people that day who knew passengers on the planes, as the flights took off out of Boston’s Logan International Airport. Surreal day. I can’t believe it has already been six years.

2 comments:

Cup-O-Noodles said...

My co-worker and I were talking the other day about "where were you when". 9-11 was one of the ones mentioned. Princess Di's death was another.

It's interesting to think how 9-11 is such a big deal in America. I wonder how big of a deal it would be if we were unfortunate enough to live in a country where this kind of thing happened every day. Not so much planes flying into buildings, but constant bombing and death through war-like violence. Would it be "remembered" the same way? Why isn't the Oklahoma bombing remembered in the same way? Perhaps cause it was done by an American?

It is interesting to think how America was viewed right after 9-11 and how America is viewed now. 9-11 does seem to be a world altering event.

As much as we may be "hated" by many countries in the world, and as much as I question the actions America has taken... I still feel lucky to live in America over many other places in the world. Though there is always room for improvement (especially for the poor population), it nice to still think of how lucky you are... in comparison.

pigern said...

Princess Di's death I was at home, watching TV when I found out.