Monday, August 27

(TV) It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia: Seasons 1&2 Grade: B+
This month has been cable TV-free at my apartment, and though I always believed I didn’t need TV, I have to admit, I miss it a little. Anyway, with all the TV-free time, I’ve been watching DVDs from work and slowly ended up watching all the episodes of this FX show, which I’ve never heard of or seen before. It’s actually pretty funny. The humor is politically incorrect but not in an annoying way. I especially enjoy how the characters are all pretty selfish (a bit like Seinfeld) and a tad dim.

(M) The Invisible (David S. Goyer, 2006) Grade: D
I had to watch this movie for work, and boy was it bad! I don’t recall when it was even released in theaters, but it didn’t do too well. The basic plot is about this teenager on the verge of death, so he needs people to find his body and save him. The thing is, only his almost-murderer knows where his body is. So ensues this long process of him screaming at people, “Look! My body is over here,” but no one can hear or see him. And the murderer is this troubled girl who has to wrestle with her conscience and decide what to do. Spoiler alert: In the end, she gives her life to save his in some unconvincing sacrificial scene. What the heck?! I felt vacuous after it was over. I didn’t give it an F cos the soundtrack was pretty good (Death Cab for Cutie, Snow Patrol, etc.).

2 comments:

Cup-O-Noodles said...

hahaha. I like that you didn't give it an 'F' due to the soundtrack. That's great.

I think I've seen the 'It's Always Sunny' show once. I liked the episode I saw quite a bit.

Curelover said...

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia looks pretty good. Maybe I'll check that out. Apparently the Invisible is a remake of a Swedish film that is based on a novel so that is kinda of interesting.