Saturday, June 2

May Vegas Trip # 3: Gabe and Amy's Wedding

I did not blog about Vegas trips 1 and 2 because I was too lazy and the blogs wouldn't have been that entertaining. So Vegas Trip #3 was for my old Philly roomy, Amy's, bachelorette party/wedding, for which I was a bridesmaid. Now I know you're all wondering, "WTF does this video have to do with a wedding?" Well, nothing really, except that this was the theme song for the four days I was there. This was when I fell victim to the Dirrty South.

We went to a club every night I was there, and danced to "Make it Rain"(the version on this video is different from what was played in the club but I really liked the quote from R. Kelly "'See i order one bottle,and i f*** with one model,then i order more bottles, now i got more models") and songs like it at every club. I would not normally listen to ANY of these songs on the radio, but by pure repetition and a positive association like having a good drunken time with some pretty cool ass people, I grew to love these songs; seriously, I can't stop listening to them.....who's disturbed? I am. I think I'm black now...and by June 18 after my Hawaii trip I'll have the skin to match haha. So much for my, "hip hop is crap right now" credo.

Another highlight of the trip was the Stripper 101 class we took for the bachelorette party. Here I learned, as the article states, how to do a lap dance and swing on a pole. Who knew stripping had a method to it. Other things I learned:

1. Stripper poles come stationary and spinning. A spinning pole is WAY better. It's hard enough to hold yourself up there, let alone spin around a pole while doing so.

2. There are certain ways to take off your shirt so that you don't mess up your makeup OR your hair.

3. There is a special wait to take of your underwear apparently.

4. My upper body strength SUCKS ASS. My forearms, triceps and biceps were sore the next day. That didn't suck at all.

The wedding itself was the most laid back with the least information in advance I've ever been to. I had fun regardless and feel sad that I left my camera at the hotel and that I did not take as many pictures as I had wanted. I was a little worried about this weekend cuz the only people I really knew were the bride and groom. Luckily Amy's friends were freakin' cool and I quickly made friends with them.

I did not gamble at the tables AT ALL this weekend. I ended up squeezing in a couple rounds of Wheel of Fortune slots at the airport before I left--- I can't leave Vegas without gambling.

So that was my Vegas Trip and lengthy contribution to the house. Hope everyone had a good weekend! Oh and I did not watch any movies lol.

1 comment:

Curelover said...

That stripper info was pretty interesting. I'm going to Vegas in two weeks. Good times but I won't be clubbing .. just bowling.