Thursday, May 31

Last night I went out with some friends for a late night snack at Swingers on Beverly. There was no parking directly on Bev, so I parked on a side street. Whatever. After our meal, I walk back to my car, and the first thing I notice is a huge dent on the side of my car. No note (of course). I’m a little upset. OK. Pretty upset. My car is fairly new and I know that the front part will have to be completely replaced if they can’t bang out the dent. So I’ll have to get an estimate when I return from San Fran. Bollocks. My poor Belle & Sebastian vehicle. And the notes of “I Love My Car” begin to play. Here’s a question: Do you always leave a note when you hit a car? Or does it depend on how bad the damage is?

4 comments:

Darth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darth said...

I don't hit cars....but if I did I'd leave a note. I'd try to think of something clever like, sorry about your car, it was either this newborn litter of puppies or your car, so you understand, right? That way they may give you a little sympathy and decide to pay for it themselves!! Hey it could happen.

Curelover said...

Last time I hit a parked car at a restaurant and went inside to let the person know so I went above and beyond a note. I did direct confrontation. Ha ha.

Cup-O-Noodles said...

I remember that New Wave. I hit a car once and I was at a bank so I waited for the person to come outside.