Wednesday, April 11

(TV) North & South. (BBC, 2004) Grade: A

Thoughts: North & South is an adaptation of same titled novel by Elizabeth Gaskell about a young woman, Margaret Hale (Daniela Denby-Ashe) and her move to northern town of Milton. The mini-series had great characters, amazing sets/costumes and strong acting. The romance between Margaret and Mr. Thornton (Richard Armitage) is wonderful and had me swooning (that’s right swooning). There are many comparisons between these two characters and Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice. I agree with some but in the end they are very different characters. I actually ended up buying the DVD because I was so in love with the series and Richard Armitage who plays Mr. Thornton.

TV Count: 5

The old me would have sent out death threats for lack of blogs and comments BUT the new me hopes all you guys are doing well. Hopefully you guys can drop by and say hello or something.

3 comments:

Hedwig said...

sorry i havne't been able to blog, but i will comment when i can.

Darth said...

I prefer the other North and South with Patrick Swayze.

I could blog....but i'm lazy and surly....mostly lazy though.

bleed like me said...

DEATH THREATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!