Monday, April 2


(M) Of Human Bondage
Grade: C

This was the 1934 version of this film, apparently the oldest of the three versions. This movie was under an hour and a half which is fine by me but to take such a classic novel and turn it into a film that doesn't even hit the hour and a half mark is fair warning it's gonna be a very condensed version of the novel. You basically get the idea that's being conveyed but it is such a surface level experience that I feel it to be a long commercial for a book you may want to read. To sum it up, man falls for woman who is a bitch, gets with woman, she leaves him, he meets somebody else but then leaves her when the original girl comes back into his life. That girl leaves him yet again and he meets another girl and then has to choose which girl to be with. He chooses new girl and the first love dies.


Side note:
I've been listening to Peaches all day and I simply LOVE her.

5 comments:

bleed like me said...

love PEACHES, ever since "F*ck the pain away". my fav is "Tent in your pants"
'hurt so good i got a sore-gasm"

pigern said...

Have you read the Maugham book? It's one of G's favorites. I have yet to read it though.

pigern said...

PS I don't get the Peaches love.

Curelover said...

LOVE THE PEACHES ...SLIPPERY DICK!!!

can you cut the mustard to clear the custard

slippery dick
its just a fish in the atlantic

Cup-O-Noodles said...

I was driving listening to Tent In Your Pants and started laughing out loud, I forgot how great and funny that song is.

No, I have not read the book and I feel it would be FAR better than the movie.