Sunday, April 22

(G) Morrissey @ Jimmy Kimmel Live, April 20 Grade: A
Though Morrissey has probably never seen Jimmy Kimmel Live, he treated fans to a free appearance on the late night chat show, which is particularly noteworthy given his ticket prices at the Hollywood Bowl. Before the performance, the camera crew focused on the crowd who gathered on the roof of a nearby building, where fans held letter signs spelling out “Moz Angeles,” a welcome home greeting to the man of the hour. Morrissey opened with “I Just Want To See The Boy Happy,” the latest single from Ringleader of the Tormentors. He also performed his love letter to the City of Angeles, and particularly his Hispanic fanbase, “Last of the Gang To Die.” And classic “Disappointed.” But the last two songs were b-sides from Ringleaders, which were a … disappointment. I can’t complain though; I’ve never been soooo close to Morrissey. And he threw his shirt in my direction! I could have fought for it, but those who were fighting for a piece were pretty aggressive, and I got trampled on. All in all, it was worth waiting in the freezing cold for a few hours. MOR-RI-SSEY!

1 comment:

Curelover said...

I remember when I stood outside waiting to see the Cure play. AHHHH the joy. I was all screaming Perry's name as well. Oh the Cure (sigh). Moz is ssssoooooooo blah. I like how you got trampled on .. you so would.