Monday, February 12

(B) Slapstick (Kurt Vonnegut, 1976) Grade: B+
An entertaining book, moderately humorous and most of all, a fun read. The prologue leads one to believe this is an autobiography, but of course, this is Vonnegut, and more accurately, he writes: This is the closest I will ever come to writing an autobiography. The book is actually about genius twins who are ostracized from society for their freakish looks. One of the twins becomes the U.S. president. Oh, and the Chinese are far superior to any other race in this (perhaps) near-future, because of their ability to shrink themselves to miniature size and think collectively. Yes, it’s all a bit strange, but that’s Vonnegut for you.

2 comments:

Curelover said...

I love you a lot Pigern so I'm not sure how to break this to you but ... no one in this house reads unless they have to. Hee hee. I'm just saying.

pigern said...

Yeah, but it helps me keep track of what I've read during the year, so it's really a selfish blog I suppose. And if anyone happens to be browsing books and wondering what to read, I'm here to make suggestions. :)