Saturday, December 16

(M) Charlotte's Web (Winnick, 2006) Grade: B+

I would have given this movie an A if it had come out years and years ago, if the cast wasn't filled with all these "stars" and if they had all the same songs as the cartoon version. Not to say that the actors who voiced the animals didn't do a good job, but it always bothers me when I "recognize" somone's voice and I spend half the movie trying to figure out who the heck it is haha. I wish they had cast an unknown as Fern. Dakota Fanning didn't do a horrible job, but it would have been refreshing to see someone new. Steve Buscemi as Templeton was spot on though. They did a great job with all the animals and I liked watching Charlotte spin her web hehe. I'm a kid at heart so this made me a bit nostalgic.

I really liked the beginning and end credits which had animation similar to the book. Sarah MacLachlan sings a song at the end which is nice as well. Overall solid movie and I think kids will really enjoy this, successfully introducing this classic to a new generation.

2 comments:

Curelover said...

I love the classic Charlotte's Web. Yea I wish they went with another person for Dakota Fanning cause she is scary. Ha Ha.

bleed like me said...

dakota fanning is annoying; the way haley joel osmond was annoying :-X