Monday, November 27

(O) Trip to China/Hong Kong Grade: A

The main purpose of this blog is to satisfy New Wave’s sick need to show off the cooked dog photo we took while in China (ha ha), so here it is:















Moving on, the trip was enjoyable personally because I learned a lot about my family and had the chance to meet family members I had not had met before. I also visited cities in the Canton province, including Guangzhao, whose city symbol is the Five Goats. The story goes that the area was very poor until five goats from the heavens came down to help with the rice paddies, making the city very prosperous to this day.

Also in Guangzhao is the Sun Yat-sen memorial. Named the “Father of Modern China,” Sun Yat-sen led the overthrow of the Qing dynasty in 1911 and became the first leader of the Chinese Nationalist Party.















And here’s a shot of the marriage god statue in Repulse Bay, Hong Kong. I enjoyed the description of him, which says he ties the feet of the man and woman with red string and binds their hearts together. Sounds like torture! Ha ha.

6 comments:

Cup-O-Noodles said...

That's awesome about the Sun Yat-sen statue. I wondered how China handled him.

When he overthrew the Qing dynasty (with the help of the national army) Mao was working at a university where he got involved in the communist party. Eventually Sun Yat-sen's nationalist party was at odds with the Communist Party and that who situation is really fascinating.

Anyway, with Mao eventually running the communist party I always wondered what the nation of China thought of Sun Yat-sen or if he was even allowed to be mentioned. The statue in honor of him is awesome.

I think had he lived and been able to rightly rule China it'd be a far far better and superior country. He had grand ideas that would have really caused that country to be very important.

Hedwig said...

i think it's funny that the marriage statue is in REPULSE bay. hehe

Darth said...

the dogs scare me......a lot

bleed like me said...

oh those orientals and their love of canines :-X

charles said...

SICK SICK SICK! New Wave, please don't post anymore photos like that ever again! If you do, I will never come back here (like you care).

Curelover said...

Ha ha well sorry for upsetting some of you but how do you think we felt seeing it in person. I love my people but yea sometimes they are not so cool. :)