Monday, July 24

(M) Clerks 2. (Kevin Smith, 2006) Grade: B

Thoughts: 12 years have past since the original Clerks was made on a budget of around $27K. Now Mr. Smith has brought back our beloved, older and chubbier, Randal and Dante in a whole new setting, working at Mooby’s, with some new faces but still same old antics. Highlights for me were Jay dancing to Goodbye Horses WITH the tuck, the conversation between Randal and a Lord of the Rings fan, the Cowtipper sandwich and Elias and his pillow pant story. This is a stoner/lewd and cruel/fan of Kevin Smith stuff/toilet humor movie so basically not for everyone. I don’t mind that stuff so I can laugh at it and I did.

Randal Graves: That look was so gay I thought Sam was gonna tell the little hobbits to go for a walk so he could saunter over to Frodo and suck his fucking cock. Now *that* would have been an Academy Award worthy ending.
Hobbit Lover: Hey, they're not gay. They're hobbits.

(M) Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest. (Gore Verbinski, 2006) Grade: B-

Thoughts: Long. That is all I really remember about the movie. Yes there was action and adventure but I wondered what the point was at times. Was to it to fill in some space because the real story plot line comes in part 3? Johnny Depp was as dreamy as I remembered him and still great as Captain Jack Sparrow. Keira Knightley was good as Elizabeth Swann and Orlando Bloom as William Turner was so hot. I forgot how good looking that boy was. Yea it was eye patch wearing fun but you really need part 3 to make you feel like you completed something. The amazing part is how much money the movie continues to pull in every weekend which is very impressive.

No comments: