Wednesday, May 31

(M) Siworae (Il Mare). (Hyun-seung Lee, 2000) Grade: B

Thoughts: An interesting concept of a movie which asks what if you are in love with someone but they were 2 years in the future from you. It stars Ji-hyun Jun, the girl from My Sassy Girl and it was pretty decent. The only reason I bring up this film is apparently they are remaking it into a US version starring Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves. Hedwig and I both agree that Sandra and Keanu are a bit old for the role and they should have gone with a younger cast but we'll see how this one does. One thing to note is the Korean movie is very beloved and well regarded so it is like they are remaking a classic here. Here's the trailer if you guys are curious to watch it.

1 comment:

Hedwig said...

I'm too lazy to start my own post so I'll leave a comment.

Il Mare Grade: B

This movie was just alright. Good concept, sometimes slow. The girl and guy are super cute. I would actually like to see The Lake House haha, but maybe i'll wait for DVD.