Wednesday, May 31

(M) How To Go Out on a Date in Queens (DVD premiere, 2006) Grade: F
If you haven’t heard of this film, that’s probably because it’s a straight-to-video release. (As a disclaimer against bad taste, I had to review it for work.) The movie title itself makes it seem like a romantic comedy but there’s very little of either element, although I did snicker when Rob Estes cries about his dead wife. It sounds heartless, but the scene was just so horrible. The studio should have sent all the money invested in this film to a charity. Get a load of the film’s tagline: Hell isn’t being alone - it’s being in a room filled with people and not one of them wants to rip your clothes off. Hopefully I won’t have to review Road House 2 next. (Yes, they made a sequel.)

(B) Diane Arbus: A Biography (Patricia Bosworth) Grade: B+
When I took my photography class in college, Arbus was one of the documentary photographers that I remembered well. I liked her confrontational images, her simple composition and her subject matter. I thought it would be interesting to read about her life, and I found it both inspiring and tragic. Nicole Kidman will portray Arbus in the upcoming theatrical film Fur.

2 comments:

Cup-O-Noodles said...

Road House 2? WHAT?!?!? HAHAHAHA!!!

Aside from the non-sense... the tagline of this movie is awful. And who makes tagslines that long? Come on people... marketing is short adn sweet.

Sorry you had to suffer Pigern.

Curelover said...

Wow Road House 2 huh. That is amazing. Truly and disturbing as well.