Sunday, May 22

(M) Team America, World Police, Grade: C
I had heard great things about this movie and how damn hilarious it was. I thought it had moments, but it really wasn't all that great to me. The puppeteering stuff was cool and it's impressive how they do that, though I was impressed with the puppeteering in Being John Malkovich and it was brief. The South Park movie was 100 times better in my opinion. I wouldn't ever recommend this movie to anyone but I wouldn't say stay away either.

(M) Star Wars III (the 6th one.. the last one... whatever) Grade: B
I will give this a B because it's not as good as the first 3 which would be A's, but it's not a D like the first one(fourth one) nor a C like the 2nd one (fifth one). The effects were great but great effects make no sense to me in these movies because it's like saying as time progresses things get worse. How do you go from the effects in the latest star wars to the effects in the 1977 Star Wars? It's not logical.
Anyway... this was a dark one I guess. I thought they went to way too many planets. The story could have been done in less environments (like the first 3). The dialogue was as bad as ever when it came to the love stuff. Yes, I know from the way I'm reviewing it sounds like a D but it's not. I still need to watch Episode 1 and 2 again to bring me up to speed and then I'll probably watch episode 3 again. Though if episode 3 had been like episode 1 or 2 I'd never watch it again. However, My DVD collection will only contain the first 3 original star wars, I won't ever buy episodes 1-3 because they're not entertaining enough to me... or maybe because I'm not 12 years old anymore.

No comments: