Tuesday, May 31

(M) Mad Hot Ballroom (Marilyn Agrelo, 2005). Grade: A-/B+. Documentary about New York elementary school children who enter a ballroom dancing competition. Enjoyable at best; You can't help but laugh as the children ballroom dance, and discuss their lives (the opposite gender, school, family). New Wave mentioned she got a little motion sick w/ the camera movements, but I didn't really notice it.

(M) Madagascar (Eric Darnell, Tom McGrath, 2005). Grade: C-/D+. Boring! I think you truly had to be 4 years old to enjoy it.

(O) Getting asked if you are the mother of your 15 and 17 year old cousins (Puente Hills Mall, Memorial Day). Grade: F-. In my defense, the person who asked (a 14 year old classmate of my cousins) didn't even look at me or even glance in my direction. He just saw someone in the corner of his eye standing next to his friends and assumed I was their mom. As if! I told my cousins to tell him that I'm beating him up after school today at 3:00. Grrrr! (It is funny though!!)

2 comments:

pigern said...

I would give Mad Hot a C+ or lower. Boy, was it boring. The trailer made it seem fun and upbeat, and it was to a certain extent. But two hours of the same scenes and random conversations with children that were not even tied together ("let's talk about everything under the sun for no apparent reason at all") was too much. It all seemed so unfocused. And long. Did I say long? Loooonnnng.

Cup-O-Noodles said...

I thought this movie kicked ass! I loved it. I won't say I liked it more than Spellbound, but I'd watch it more than Spellbound because I think there is more personality in the kids and the dancing is easier to watch than kids standing on a stage spelling. They'er both great. I felt this one moved quicker though. I loved it, but then I love kids and want to be an elementary school teacher.