Tuesday, May 31

And now what you have all been awaiting...my star wars review....haha.

Star Wars (2005, Director George Lucas) A

Yes of course I'm partly biased here but i'm not going to hide that. The acting in this one is much better than the first two, that said it is still nothing exceptional. There are cheesy lines, but there are a few in all 6 star wars movies. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Ian McDiarmid and Ewan McGregor steal the movie acting wise. It has the awesome battle scenes that we all know star wars to have, and the drama to keep you on the edge of your seat. There were two things that I think they kinda just threw in without better explanation, but they needed them to connect the stories.

I think this movie ties up the new and old trilogies quite nicely, with a few minor flaws that only uber nerds think about...hence i have. One question that a lot of people have asked is how can the two connect when the new trilogy looks so much more futuristic compared to the old ones? This is what I came up with, in the old trilogy look at the main planets that each has, tatoonie, hoth, and endor. What do they all have in common? They are quite primitive and desolate. Secondly, the old trilogy focuses on the rebellion, which doesn't have a real planetary home, like how the empire does. Because of this the rebellion probably doesn't have all the great technological advances that the empire does. The only time we really get to see the empire is aboard a space ship, not much you can do there.

Lucas had said that 60% of his prequel ideas were in episode 3 and you can really tell, as i think it is a much more thought out story. Anakin's turn may have seen quite fast, but if you watched the Clone Wars (A for animation) or read any of the novels (Labyrith of Evil) you will see that it was a lot more than what was just presented on the screen.

For me personally this movie was exactly what I needed, it showed everything that I wanted to see, solved the endless question of why the suit, why no jedi, why the emperor is jacked up, etc. I'm happy cause I got to see it all and look forward to the day (and yes there will be a day) when I watch all 6 episodes in a row. Although episodes 1 and 2 were not the best, they are part of the saga and thus will one day be a part of my collection, when a mega collector's edition of the movie is released.

I guess my life is now complete and I will now go lay down and become one with the force......

the force will be with me.....always.

No comments: