Thursday, February 17

(M) Power and Terror: Noam Chomsky In Our Times (2002,, John Junkerman) Grade: B
Though this "documentary" on a period of Noam Chomsky's speaking tours doesn't display the brilliance of this man, it definitely may let you know how intelligent this man may be and peek your interest in learning more about him. Often tagged as "Anti-American" he is simply a man who tells it like it is and hopes for an improving of the world we live in by turning the mirror on America and asking how can we set standards for what we expect from other people, religions, or countries if we don't live up to those standards ourselves. Trully a brilliant man.

I recently decided to cancel netflix and made sure I got this before I cancelled. I am cancelling to do something more productive like reading. Now of course after watching the documentary I am happy with my choice to read more but I feel almost embarrassed for reading for entertainment when you see the vast amount of knowledge you can obtain if you read more important things like worldwide newspapers and current and historical events. Anyway, it was an interesting DVD and is only an hour long.

1 comment:

Curelover said...

yes i saw you cancelled netflix ... weak. forget reading ... i rather watch a movie :)