Sunday, April 4

*Happy Easter!!

*Well we are four months into 2010 and the whole blogging all the time thing lasted me the first 13 days of January. Oh well. I am not sure why I could not keep up blogging. I have not been doing anything interesting, aside from my trip to London/Scotland. Let's see how long I can keep blogging now.

*I am realizing marriage is an interesting thing. It has nothing to do with being married but more what happens after with friends and family. Basically all family things double up because you now have twice the obligations and friends pretty much drop off, especially married friends and definetly married friends with kids. It is not a bad thing, completely understandable but it does bum me out from time to time. I know things will just get worst if I were to have a kid or something of the sort. I guess that is why Facebook is so great ... helps pepole stay somewhat connected.

*Still on the hunt for a house. It is going but it can get you down when you try for a place and lose out. It is disturbing to see how people are willing to price some homes that clearly are not worth that much, people are crazy.

*Watched Sunset Blvd. the other night and loved loved loved it. The film really holds up even after all this time. Yes it was a bit over the top and camp but it worked and Gloria Swanson was amazing.

2 comments:

Cup-O-Noodles said...

I have been wanting to watch Sunset Blvd and was just thinking about it an hour ago!

You want to talk about house hunting headaches, talk to yellowredhead.

Yes... most of my friends seem to be married now and I almost never see them. Some are having kids and I see them even less. Probably not too cool with one spouse to deal with the baby while the other is out having a good time.

But, why do you feel your married friends drop off after you are married? My biggest complaint is that I feel my friends are disappearing, but... if I was married, I'd spend most my time with my wife over friends, it's what happens. I feel I could move now and miss almost nothing, whereas when all my friends were single, moving would have really affected me because I was so used to being around these people. Now they're too busy anyway.

Curelover said...

Go watch Sunset Blvd. Cup .. you will like it. Yea I can understand spending time with your spouse once you are married but sometimes it is nice to have friends around. Oh well ... just going to get worst the older you get I guess. Ha ha.