Friday, June 26

Topic: R.I.P. Michael Jackson 6.25.09

*I was at work when I learned Michael Jackson had passed away. Darth had sent me an email saying "omg Michael .... sad" so I went to the net and CNN reported he was being sent to the hospital however when I went to TMZ it stated in big words Michael Jackson dies. The odd part was no other new source was confirming this and I was not going to take a gossip rag site to be official news. After about 20 mins the L.A. Times reported it and it just broke. Apparently the news of his death slowed the Internet down to a crawl as people were just flooding the sties.

I am a fan of Michael Jackson and acknowledge he is hugely talented but deeply flawed. It makes you wonder though if he was that messed up on his own or did the wealth, fame and unhealthy surroundings lead to his tainted personal life. Regardless he is a mega talented singer, dancer and artist and will be missed by so many.




This quote was in regard to Elvis from the movie Forrest Gump but can be applied to the King of Pop - "Some years later, that handsome young man who they called “The King”, well, he sang too many songs, had himself a heart attack or something. Must be hard being the king..."

*R.I.P. Farrah Fawcett and Ed McMahon. They always say celebrities die in threes.

*In light of the sad news, I went out to Rowland Heights to meet Hedwig for some grub. First was Banana Bay for some yummy Thai food. We tried this green papaya salad her friend recommended but both agreed it was just okay. Then we went to Class 302. It was my first time and def. not my last. The place is set up like a classroom where your table is a school desk, the food comes in small tin like containers and there is a giant chalkboard. The item they are best known for is their shaved snow, basically frozen milk shaved down, served with mango or strawberry. Hedwig got that and I opted for the old school shaved ice with tons of stuff in it like red bean, grass jelly and boba.

1 comment:

pigern said...

I think being a celebrity can be all consuming. R.I.P. MJ.

Whoa. Class 302 looks awesome!