Friday, June 12

Topic: Art Walk, True Blood, whining

*Last night I went to Downtown LA Art Walk held every second Thursday of the month. I only went because a friend of a friend was having an exhibit there, not sure if I would ever go otherwise. I was impressed with how many people were out and about. It was nice to see Downtown "trying" to shed off the decay that plagued that area. On the plus side I did get to check out a few bars and I'm always down for that.

*Seriously can we just give Kobe that dang ring and end the NBA finals already. I am very tired of all the Lakers talk and fans and fake fans and everything. I know I am a bad Angeleno for this but my goodness.


*True Blood comes back this Sunday. Freaking Hot!! I have to give HBO credit. They really put some money behind the ad campaign for this show.


*The whole getting hitched, moving out, preparing my own food makes me feel old and grown up. The realization that I can not do my 150 plus movie watching a year anymore is sinking in and I am not going to lie it is bumming me out a bit. I know the change is good and growing up is good (I guess) but dang ... I'm sure I sound like a big baby now who wants its rattle (and lolly). Wah wah!! I just thought I could ease into this whole thing by getting a condo maybe, live on my own for bit then I guess get hitched and do the whole "married" life. At the same time I thought I would be advanced in my career and now I'll be lucky if I am not laid off anytime soon. Oh well.

2 comments:

Jim said...

I suggest eating frozen meals. Without cooking, I'm able to fit in at least an extra half hour of TV watching (or napping) each day!

pigern said...

Yep, frozen meals: fast and no clean-up. The extra TV time might make up for them being full of chemicals and tasting gross.

Go Lakers! Ha ha.