Monday, January 5

Topic: traveling, resolutions

*Happy 2009 to all!!

*Pigern and I got back yesterday afternoon from our fun trip to the motherland (Shanghai and Hong Kong). Good times was had by all ... well until Pigern got a bad case of the stomach flu the last two days we were in Hong Kong. Boooo. Poor Pigern :( but she is all better now. Oh and Pigern and I did get to experience airport hell while trying to get home. I am not traveling during the holidays again, there are just too many people. Pictures of our adventures coming soon.

*Instead of reviewing movies I'll just list them as I see them. Let's see what my movie count will be at the end of the year.
1. Mei Lanfang (Forever Enthalled) Dir: Chen Kaige 3.5 stars
2. City of Ember Dir: Gil Kenan 2 stars
3. The Longshots Dir: Fred Durst 3.5 stars

*2009 New Year's Resolutions:
1. Eat better, less meat and run more.
2. Buy property - I would like this to happen this year.
3. Save even MORE money.
4. Travel more to places.

2008 New Year's Resolutions:
1. Eat better, less meat. I don't want a lot of health problems when I'm older. (eh didn't really do this)
2. Buy property - I would like this to happen this year. (nope to this, still waiting)
3. Save even MORE money. (more like lost thanks to the suck economy ... my poor 401K)
4. Travel more to places like Hawaii, Florida, Scotland, China and HK. (did the China and HK part and threw in a trip to D.C. and NYC)
5. Read the entire Dune Chronicles, which is 6 books. (didn't do this but i did start reading the Sookie Stackhouse and Stephaine Plum books so I have that going for me)
6. Watch 125 movies and more tv shows like Roswell, Sopranos, Stargate SG-1, The L Word, Dexter, and Damages. (no clue on movies but i'm sure i got close to 125, i did watch Lost, Dexter and Damages)
7. Attempt to lose a few pounds, though if I did no. 8 I doubt I can. (did this a bit thanks to running cause i thought i was going to do a half marathon)
8. Finish my Crown City Brewery Beers of the World. I need to drink 100 beers and I'm at around 65 so getting there. (couldn't finish this cause the place closed down in May)

*I toyed with the idea of ending this blog. I was just getting tired of writing about my random junk, espeically since I do not review movies on here anymore. After some thought I decided to keep it going for a bit longer but we'll see. Ha ha.

3 comments:

pigern said...

I enjoy reading your random junk. Ha ha. Maybe I'll blog more now that I ended my other "blog."

Cup-O-Noodles said...

I enjoy reading it too. Also, I don't see you as often so it's a way for me to know what you are up to.

Hedwig said...

KEEP BLOG! please. it's nice to have a constant to go to when i'm online. i like hearing about your random stuff. :)