Sunday, January 11

Topic: Movies

*4. Milk Dir: Gus Van Sant 4 stars

*According to the Jan. 9th issue of Entertainment Weekly these are the 25 movies to watch before the Oscars:

- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
- Slumdog Millionaire
- Milk
- Frost/Nixon
- The Dark Knight
- Doubt
- Revolutionary Road
- WALL-E
- The Wrestler
- Gran Torino
- The Reader
- Rachel Getting Married
- Changeling
- Vicky Cristina Barcelona
- Tropic Thunder
- Happy-Go-Lucky
- The Vistor
- I've Loved You So Long
- Frozen River
- Nothing but the Truth
- Man on Wire
- Syncdoche, New York
- The Duchess
- Defiance
- Australia

So how many have you guys seen? I've seen 14 out of the 25. I am not too excited about most of the films listed, it seems like a slow year.

4 comments:

Cup-O-Noodles said...

By the end of this week I will have seen 9, maybe 10 of these movies. Debating on The Reader.

Hedwig said...

i've seen 3...but i guess that's no surprise to the house ;)

Jim said...

I've only seen three, but two of those are movies everyone has seen (WALL-E and The Dark Knight). The third movie is Frost/Nixon, which I saw when I was back in Michigan. It was only showing at one theater in my hometown, the super-conservative Grand Rapids area!

pigern said...

Oh, well actually I haven't seen WALL-E nor The Dark Knight. I have seen 11 of the 25, and have three of the films I've not seen yet on DVD, so maybe during the long weekend...