Tuesday, September 2

Topic: Radiohead, running, television

*Haven’t written much I guess I'll tell you what I have been up to. I got my first crown two weeks ago due to a crack tooth. It is more or less a painless procedure but not something I would like to go through again. Apparently crowns are pretty common and tons of people at my work have gotten them.

*I went to Vegas a week ago and it took all my money. I swear Blackjack Switch is a bad game. I’ll stick with my Pai Gow Poker.


*I saw Radiohead on last Sunday night at the Hollywood Bowl and last Wednesday night in Chula Vista (just a few miles from the International border). The Hollywood Bowl show was enjoyable but I found the set list a bit on the dull side. I wish I went to Monday instead which had an amazing set list. However, the one at Chula Vista was very strong so it made up for Sunday. I got Talk Show Host and Just, which was a treat. The only downside was trying to get out of the parking lot of the Cricket Amphitheatre. What a nightmare that was. Picture below thanks to Jennifer B.

*Not sure why I agreed to this (maybe peer pressure) but I signed up for the Pasadena Marathon. Luckily I'm only doing the half which is 13.1 miles. I think I might die but we'll see. I have about 74 days to train.


*Tonight is the season premiere of the new 90210. Is anyone going to watch this? I’m a bit curious since Shannen Doherty and Jennie Garth are signed to the project. We’ll see how this show goes.


*I have been reading Dead until Dark by Charlaine Harris and find it entertaining, not deep or anything but fun. The new show on HBO called True Blood directed by Alan Ball is based upon this series by Harris. I am curious to know if it is any good but so far the reivews have been luke warm.

3 comments:

Cup-O-Noodles said...

I want to vomit. 90210 is coming back. Ugh.

I think the Chula Vista set-;ist was better than both LA shows and also better then Santa Barbara. I didn't look at the San Francisco set-list but I know it was a shorter show due to it being at a festival with a curfew. So I am VERY happy I was at the Chula Vista show.

Leaving the parking lot was beyond retarded.

Jim said...

OMG I'm just about to watch 90210 right now!!!! I'm sorry you west coast folks have to wait another three hours.

Curelover said...

Oh man Jim you have to tell me how it is. I'll watch it tonight.

Yea the Chula Vista show was pretty solid and Thom and the band seemed to be in good spirits. Yea the parking lot was pretty evil.