Thursday, July 31

I recently spent a week in Chicago, my main reason for going being the Pitchfork music festival, which featured Jarvis Cocker (pictured). It was a pretty low-key festival, lots of good bands, with Jarvis being the highlight and Spiritualized being second. Most of the other acts I have seen before, so no surprises really.

On the non-fest days, I went to the Art Institute (spent four hours there and gave up ... so much to see), the Sears Tower (tallest building in the U.S.), the Harold Washington Library (largest U.S. public library), saw a free Philharmonic show at Millenium Park, Navy Pier, et al. There was so much to see and do in this city. Lots of beautiful architecture, pretty parks, decent public transit, fantastic art scene and respectable music scene. Great city. I have free room and board, so a return trip is tempting. At least for the pizza.

No comments: