Saturday, May 17


So as you may have heard, Scarlett Johansson recently released a debut album of Tom Waits covers. Stereogum did a story on it, so out of curiosity, I watched the videos of her AOL Sessions. The most entertaining aspect is all the negative comments below. If I was Scarlett, I would be pretty embarrassed. It’s funny cos in the interview, she talks about how they add a lot louder sound to Waits’ songs, which Entertainment Weekly said in its review is used “to disguise her expressionless voice.” Experience all the goodness, er, badness at AOL Music.

1 comment:

Cup-O-Noodles said...

We got a bunch of promo copies of this at work and I have been curious to hear it but I just can't bring myself to listen and when I saw that the guy from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs was in the band, I was like, what?! Cause I love me some YYYs.

I may listen to it this week.