Tuesday, January 8

I’ve seen a number of films but can’t remember them all, so here goes some short reviews.
(M) Blue Velvet Grade: A-
My co-worker mailed me this film when I told him I’ve never seen David Lynch. This was pretty entertaining and I was captivated all the way through. There’s also a lot going on here, so it would make a great subject for analysis.
(M) There Will Be Blood Grade: B+
Good film, but really long (about three hours). Daniel Day Lewis is great but the real surprise here is Paul Dano, who I’ve only seen in Little Miss Sunshine. Really impressive.

(M) I’m Not There Grade: B
If you expect a Bob Dylan biopic, look elsewhere. Something like No Direction Home, which is pretty good from what I’ve seen of it. Cate Blanchett gives the best performance but I also enjoyed Charlotte Gainsbourg’s part. For music fans, there’s a scene with Jim James of My Morning Jacket and the members of Calexico.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your grading here. I was dying to see I'm not there, but I'll wait for it on Netflix now. LOVE David Lynch though. :)

pigern said...

oh really? what do you think is another must-see lynch film?