Monday, August 20


(Documentary) Andy Warhol [PBS Version]
Grade: A

This is the most thorough Andy Warhol documentary I have seen. I have watched three others and they were between an hour to an hour and a half. This one was FOUR hours! YES!!! I am happy about that because I have been in love with Andy Warhol since I was in the first years of college. He is the most fascinating and most relatable person I have ever had any knowledge of. The documentary was very thorough and I have read about Warhol as well and I actually learned something in this that I either did not know, or had forgotten, and that was his obsession with Truman Capote when he first arrived in New York. The film is divided into two parts. The first part covers his childhood up through his breakthrough as an artist and the second part covers his ventures after giving up art and focusing on film and music up through his death. Basically it's birth to 1962-ish and then 1960-Death.

Others films I have seen this week:
Less Than Zero: Grade B
Coachella: Grade B-
Glastonbury: Grade C-/D+
The Red Violin: Grade C
Claire's Knee: Grade B+
The Big Chill: Grade C+
The Fountain: Grade D-
Children of Men: Grade B+
300: Grade B
The Chronicles of Narnia: Grade B

1 comment:

pigern said...

Yay for Warhol. Did you ever see I Shot Andy Warhol? I thought Lili Taylor did a good job.