Thursday, July 12

(TV) SYTYCD: Top 14 (Fox, 2007)

Sorry guys, no videos this week. For one, the performances I liked weren't posted on youtube just yet or the quality was really bad. The other being, there weren't any real standout performances. Maybe it's because the top 14 is really good, but since they were all the same caliber, it's hard to pick what was special. Dance partners Cedric and Shauna were sent home this week. I was sad to see Shauna go, but there are other dancers that have just as good technique with bigger personalities.

I'm a little smitten by Sara, who is a b-girl that is very versatile. She can dance pretty much anything and for that she rocks. I don't think, however, that she will win the competition. I haven't quite picked a winner in my head.

This week the guest judge was the director of Hairspray the movie. Needless to say it was an endless plug to see the film, which included the cast of SYTYCD going to the Hollywood premiere, conversely the cast of Hairspray attending the SYTYCD results show and the opening performance being a number from the movie. I actually can't wait to see this movie. I loved the original version with Ricki Lake, and would like to see this new interpretation of the musical.

Hilary Duff was the guest performer. Yeah, I know. She looked either sad or mad while performing. It was kind of odd. I have a few theories on why she was angry:
1. She was pissed at whoever made her wear the bright hot pink genie outfit
2. She was embarrassed because she had to lip sync her song
3. She was pissed at whoever did her makeup
4. She stepped on something sharp that was left on the stage

One cool thing about her performance was they did this weird thing with their hips(almost Shakira-ish) that looked really cool. I'm gonna have to watch it again and try to copy it haha.

Sorry this post was so bland...but I guess it reflects how I felt about the show this week. Also could be that I'm tired. Until next week!

No comments: