Thursday, July 19

(TV) SYTYCD - Top 12 (Fox, 2007)

This week was important because the top 10 dancers get to tour with the show this fall. My sentiments are pretty much the same as last week in that everyone is good, so I don't know if that is causing me to be bored. No one really shined this week for me.

I will say that some of the choreography was STRANGE. I don't know if that's because Wade Robson was a guest judge and the choreographers wanted to appeal to his twisted dance mind, but a couple of the pieces went over my head. I really wish I had video...I'll post them later I guess. I'm just blogging now cuz I might forget since I'm on call on Saturday. One was a weird jazz number to Queen's "Body Language" and another was a contemporary piece to Citizen Cope's "Kick the Drummer."

There were two guest performers on elimination night: Enrique Iglesias and Jason Samuel Smith(tap dancer.) Enrique Iglesias was odd in that there was no dancing in his performance at all. Usually there's some sort of tie in to dance, but he sang a slow song with his band--no dancing. Jason Samuel Smith was awesome.

The two dancer eliminated tonight were: Anya, latin ballroom dancer who was ousted because this is a solo competition and she wasn't a strong enough soloist since she is used to dancing with a partner, and Hok, a unique Japanese breaker with a British accent, who wasn't as versatile as his b-boy/b-girl counterparts(Sara and Dominic.)

I don't have a vidoe of any of this weeks performances but I do have Hilary Duff's gawd-awful performance from last week:

No comments: