Monday, July 23

Starter for 10 (James McAvoy, 2006) Grade: B New Wave should enjoy this film because it has so many Cure songs playing throughout. By the mid-way point, four had already been played (the soundtrack has five Cure songs). Toward the end, The Smiths’ Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want was in the background of the main character’s turning point moment. Beautiful. The actual film itself was alright. Rebecca Hall, the dark-haired love interest, is cute. I didn’t like the blonde too much. It played like a British John Hughes movie, so it was predictable and had that silly British sense of humor. But I just loved the soundtrack.

2 comments:

Cup-O-Noodles said...

I remember when we all went to see that mockumentary wedding party movie and there was a preview for some movie that had a bunch of cure songs in it. Something tells me this is that movie. I was wondering what it was.

Curelover said...

Confetti was the wedding movie and the preview with the Cure songs was History Boys which I wrote a review about.