Monday, July 23



(G) Sonic Youth [Greek Theatre]
Sonic Youth did a "special" performance of their album Daydream Nation. I believe this was their first major label album. They played every song off the album, even the answering machine message song. I enjoyed the opportunity to hear such a classic Sonic Youth album from start to finish live. The sound was too low in my opinion, I am sure that is due to the close proximity of rich people who live near the Greek, but it was okay. After they finished their set we were treated to a 30-minute encore of songs off their last album that came out, followed by a single song second encore. It was fun all around and my seats were in the fourth row, though off to the side, but I didn't mind. During the opening act Kim and Thurston were out in the audience watching the performance which was really cool. Thurston had a glass of wine in hand.

I have also been keeping up my insane movie watching schedule, though due to picking up extra hours at work it has restricted the amount I get to watch. This weekend I watched the following films: Code Unknown, Mosquito Coast, Cleo from 5 to 7, 400 Blows, New Love In Tokyo, and Fallen Idol. All the films were enjoyable but nothing was stand-out great.

5 comments:

pigern said...

Did you go to their instore at Urban on Third? I was thinking of going but then forgot.

Curelover said...

Man when I get back home I need to cram some movies in.

Cup-O-Noodles said...

No, I didn't want to deal with the crowd nor the heat nor that part of Los Angeles.

pigern said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pigern said...

Here are some of Sung's photos from the Urban Outfitters event. (I had to delete my previous comment cos the link was too long.)