Tuesday, June 19

(TV) So You Think You Can Dance - Top 20 - Week 1 (Fox, 2007)
Grade: B+



This is my favorite part of the show and where the real competition starts. I was really looking forward to seeing really good choreography and performances, but this first show fell short. It was either good choreography, bad performance or boring choreography, good performance. There were a couple that stood out, which I have posted here. The first(above) choreographed by Mia Michaels, was really the one that blew me away. It is performed by Lacey Schwimmer(sister of last year's champion--ballroom dancer) and Kameron Bink(HOT). This show has sparked my interest in contemporary dance. It's SO much harder than all the other dances because from what I can tell...there are no counts. The movement is so intricate and yet imperfect making it beautiful.

The second(bottom) is here because it's just really bizarre. I don't know if it's good or bad, but it's interesting. This is perfromed by Jesus Solorio(contemporary?) and Sara Vongillern(the only b-girl in the competition). Wade Robson choreographed this piece and I think he's on something or he's found another dimension of dance cuz the stuff he comes up with these days are just....interesting. I also found out that he makes music now; that's a long way from the Britney Spears days.

No comments: