Thursday, May 17

Do you want personal stuff from everyone then?

Here is my story of the day so far. I am ending my classes this week. Finals are next week and then I am done with school. While waiting for a class to start today I was sitting with my friend and somebody wanted to video-tape us for a project. The question was about sports. Do we watch any and what do we think about women getting paid less than men. If it is a problem, what is the solution. I basically said that the pay scale is a product of capitalism and supply and demand economics, the solution is to get rid of capitalism. Naturally the camera moved away from me and toward my friend for the rest of the interview. The video may end-up on youtube. If it does I'll post it.



Tonight The Happy Hollows play in long beach. YAY HAPPY HOLLOWS!!

6 comments:

Darth said...

If they are talking about women being paid less in sports, it makes sense on viewership. The WNBA doesn't have a huge audience, so hence there isn't enough revenue to pay them what men get in the NBA. In regard to sports in college, there is Title IX to help equal out the playing field, which in turn helps everyone.

"Surely the capatalist pigs will pay for their crimes eh comrades?

The Cold War is over, we won!

Oh, yea captalism!"

Curelover said...

I love captalism ... the great driving and dividing force.

Cup-O-Noodles said...

HAHA. Nice Darth. That is a familiar quote. Where is it from?

Darth said...

austin powers, the first and really only funny one

bleed like me said...

the one with Liz Hurley
...Bedazzled anyone?

Curelover said...

I love Bedazzled. Mainly because my hottie Brendan was in it. Man he is so hot. :)

Austin Powers 1 rules!! 2 was okay and 3 was a stinker.