Wednesday, March 21


(M) An Affair Of Love (French)
Grade: B+/A

I JUST finished watching An Affair of Love and I LOVED it! I thought it was an excellent film and it's only like an hour and 18 minutes long. I like how they talked about how getting sex out of the way right up front allowed them to get to know each other rather than project some false image so you can get the person into bed. If you've already accomplished the goal of getting laid then you can move forward and it allowed them to skip the mundane what do you do for a living type of conversations.
Of course it also brings into play the power of sex and how they couldn't just let it be absolutely meaningless. I also like how they didn't tell you what the fantasy they wanted to act out was so you can let it be whatever you want. Their talk about how in the movies sex is either mind-blowing or horrible but never portrayed as in-between and that's what sex usually is was cool. I don't know, I could go on. I liked that the guy cried when she made her declaration of love and she made it without expecting reciprocation but just put it out there to let him know how she felt and how deeply those words can affect somebody. I liked how he felt he finally felt complete with her when he saw her grimace during orgasm and that there was finally no more holding back anything from him. The movie was a great exploration piece.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree... This is an "A" film.