Tuesday, February 20

(TV) Firefly: The Complete Series. (Fox, 2002-2004) Grade: A-

Thoughts: The first couple of episodes I was not really into the show. After all, they were mixing sci-fi with western and I don’t like western genre at all. But surprisingly the show really grew on me and I started to care for the characters. At the time, Netflix was sending me the discs too slowly so I rushed out to Best Buy and purchased the whole series. It was well worth my money. The show had a great cast with nice complex characters. I liked Mal (Nathan Fillion) the best because he was a good leader plus he was easy on the eyes. Oh and Jewel Staite as well who was from Flash Forward back in the days on The Disney Channel.

(M) Serenity. (Joss Whedon, 2005) Grade: B+

Thoughts: Apparently when Firefly ended/cancelled, the nutty cult people went insane and demanded more. Whedon must have heard their cries because he made Serenity the movie. It picks up pretty much where the series ended and it was a well made film. Sadly, two of the main characters are killed off which I guess was Whedon’s way of saying good bye Firefly forever. I was extremely bummed to see this but I guess it made sense.

Movie count: 7
TV count: 3

3 comments:

Hedwig said...

My family and I went to Universal Studios last summer or something like that and they were having the premiere for "Serenity" at Universal Citywalk. We stayed by the red carpet waiting for "celebrities." Whenever the crowd cheered we'd turn to someone next to us and go, "Who's that??" cuz we had no idea who the characters were or what movie it was haha.

Cup-O-Noodles said...

I like how you went and bought a box-set because netflix took too long. HAHA. Excellent!!

Curelover said...

Awww I wish I went to Universal to see that. That would have been pretty cool. Yea Cup stupid Netflix was pissing me off so I just went to Best Buy and it was only $19.99 at the time so I thought that was a good deal. :)