Friday, December 1

(A) The Sweet Escape, Gwen Stefani (2006) grade: B

This album comes out this Tuesday, the 5th, but I had the chance to listen to an "advance" copy :)
Overall, I like the album. It's not as strong as 2004's Love. Angel. Music. Baby., which had the 80's influence that made me love it. The weak spots are the collaborations with Pharrell/The Neptunes (Gwen needs to move on). Mind you, "Wind It Up" has grown on me tremendously, and I now enjoy the song. Other notables are "The Sweet Escape (feat. Akon)", "Early Winter", "Now That You Got It" (produced by Swizz Beatz), and "4 In The Morning" (produced by No Doubt's Tony Kanal).

2 comments:

Curelover said...

Ohhh Tony K. produced a song. He is cool. I like her on the cover ... it is very Gwen. Um "Wind It Up" is okay but eh. Gwen is great in my mind ... I was listening "Cool" the other day. What a great song.

Cup-O-Noodles said...

So is she staying solo now? Is No Doubt done with?