Friday, December 8

Ok I feel bad for neglecting the house because of my newfound dedication to my personal blog, thanks to the NaBloPoMo. I try to stay active by commenting, and have luckily escaped any death threats from New Wave. This blog will be more of me venting about my rotation. I figure I can vent here since the blog is not directly related to me.

I'm doing Cardiology right now at a certain hospital in LA. It's been OK so far. Nothing too intense, but I feel invisible to my preceptor who will be grading me. He's a very busy man and doesn't really have time to teach. Sometimes I wonder if he even cares/knows that I'm here. Like this morning I saw him on one of the floors and he just said hi like I was just a random person. He didn't even ask me if I wanted to go with him to the Cath lab. I suppose I could be more proactive, but I just feel like I'm in his way whenever I'm around him. When I am with him he teaches, but then that makes the day even longer especially in clinic.

I have been working with colleagues of his, one in particular who is really nice and pushes me to be thorough and do my best. I'm also working with a resident who teaches while he can and is open for me to ask questions. I just wonder what kind of grade I'll be getting, even though it doesn't really matter. At any rate, I feel more comfortable managing certain cardiac patients and with EKG's on a primary care level.

On a totally different subject, I'm in the doctor's lounge and there are like 5 kids in here playing on the pool table. The "mom" or whoever that adult is with them is sitting here quietly babysitting them. They have the TV on full blast watching Star Wars III. It's kind of annoying, but I don't want to say anything because the "mom" might be an attending and this is the only time she gets to see them?? I just don't think it's appropriate for them to be here hehe.(Ok I think they're family of a high profile patient....some lady just came in and asked if they were doing ok and was talking about a surgery etc etc.) Oops. But still.

No comments: