Tuesday, November 14


(M) The Decalogue Part 5. Grade: B
I gave up on this 10 part/10 hour series awhile back but am determined to complete it this year. Hopefully I can get through two episodes a week or more. I only have 5 left to go.

This was a good episode to come back on. It was visually the best* one so far and the subject matter had to do with murder. Each episode has to do with one of the Ten Commandments, this was episode 5 so the commandment is 'You Shall Not Murder' (if you use the Catholic bible, it's honor your father and mother for the Jewish and Protestant bible).

In this film one man is trying to become a lawyer (and succeeds), another man is going through life being a trouble-maker and he ends up killing somebody. One year later the two meet in court where the lawyer defends the accused murderer, loses and has to watch the government carry out the capitol punishment sentence by hanging.

This is the most powerful one so far, part one was the most emotional so far and part four was the most twisted or sinister perhaps.

-------------
*Cinematographer was Slawomir Idziak. Other works include:
Double Life of Veronique, Three Colors: Blue, Gattaca, I Want You, Black Hawk Down, King Arthur, Harry Potter and the Order Of The Phoenix

2 comments:

Curelover said...

I need to finish this as well. I think I only got up to four ... maybe not even that far. I really like the director so I'm not sure why I can't finish this. Ha ha. It does movie along fairly slow.

Cup-O-Noodles said...

Yeah, this episode was a good one but I forgot they were hour episodes, I was thinking they were half hour ones, that's why I attempted it again.