Saturday, September 16

(O) Vegas. (Sept 8 to 10, 2006) Grade:B
Thoughts: I went with Darth to Vegas because he had his bowling league thing. It was fun. I got my Wynn buffet (they had lychee there), lost money on Wheel of Fortune and saw some movies. It was still hot but not crowded so that was good.

(TV) How I Met Your Mother. (Fox Studio, first three eps) Grade: B

Thoughts: I found out they were going to have a screening for the first three eps of the second season of HIMYM so I had to be there. This is one of the few comedy shows I will actually make time to watch. I've given up on Scrubs and I'll watch the US Office every once in awhile. The first ep was great and the other two were pretty good. Sitting right near me was Josh Radnor (Ted) while Jason Segel (Marshall) and Cobie Smulders (Robin) were nearby. However, I really wanted to see Alyson Hannigan (Lily) and Neil Patrick Harris (Barney) ... NPH!! but both were not there. :(

(M) The Illusionist. (Neil Burger, 2006) Grade: B-

Thoughts: In the turn-of-the-century Vienna, Edward Norton is Eisenheim, an extraordinary magician. He is trying to save Spohie (Jessica Biel) the woman he loves from wedding Crown Prince Leopold (Rufus Sewell) while avoiding Chief Inspector Uhl (Paul Giamatti). The film was very predictable but I didn't mind because Edward Norton is an amazing actor and what a voice, so calming. Jessica Biel was okay but I still think of 7th Heaven when I see her.

(M) The Lake House. (Alejandro Agresti, 2006) Grade: C+

Thoughts: I had to watch this film because I saw the Korean version it was based on. Although not as good as the Korean one, they did a decent job. Sandra Bullock was good but she is always good in romantic movies and Keanu Reeves was decent because you don't really have to act in romantic movies. Oh and Keanu is very good looking even if he can't act. I did have this overwhelming desire to check out Chicago afterwards. It seems like a wonderful city.

(M) Heung Joh Chow Heung Yau Chow (Turn Left, Turn Right). (Johnny To & Ka-Fai Wai, 2003) Grade: B-

Thoughts: This film is very similar to the Lake House except the two main characters are in the same year ... they just always seem to be missing each other. John Liu (Takeshi Kaneshiro) and Eve Choi (Gigi Leung) are two loners in Taiwan who meet one afternoon and click. They soon find out some 10 years ago they liked each other but never got a chance to meet due to circumstances. Now is their chance to reconnect however fate steps in and separates the two for a majority of the movie. The movie moved along a bit slow but it was fine.

Count: 90 movies

3 comments:

pigern said...

10 more til 100! Wooo!

Hedwig said...

sorry, is this count for the year? month lol?

Darth said...

she has all this time to watch movies that she wants to watch, but when it comes time to settle an agreement, there are no bad movies to be seen...whats up with that?

How I met your mother is a good show, watch it people, if nothing else than to see NPH