Sunday, September 17

(O) 5th generation iPod, 80 GB (Apple, 2006) grade: B+

Before this updated iPod was announced on Sept. 12, I had told myself that I would only get it if it had a widescreen and a touch screen (as I had been reading about in the many rumors circulating on the internet). Alas, these featured weren't included, but i still caved and got a new iPod. This was partly influenced by my iPod being serviced and also wanting to watch Flavor of Love at the hospital when I have nothing to do.
So as New Wave can confirm, I became obsessed with getting this iPod the DAY it came out, driving to multiple stores and calling all Apple Stores in the area. Finally I got it, and I must say that I love it.
It looks great, bright screen, the colors are fantastic. Video looks great on it. I was skeptical at first because of the tiny screen, but I've watched several vids on it and they look great. Most of the videos are ripped from my DVDs (Flavor of Love, music videos, South Park) and some are video podcasts from iTunes. The expanded hard drive (80 GB) is perfect to have ALL the crap you would ever want in your pocket...love it.
I wouldn't go so far as saying you MUST go out and get one, but its a cool gadget to have.

4 comments:

pigern said...

Hm, makes me want to get one.

Darth said...

hmm does the ipod come with flavor of love the second season already uploaded? if so i'll take 3

Curelover said...

Yes I can confirm that FTC needed no HAD TO HAVE that 80 gb black ipod that day. :) Ha ha. You would have gotten it sooner FTC but the stupid stores kept running out of black. FLAVOR FLAV!!!! Crowd around your man.

Hedwig said...

thanks man, you've started me on a portable media player hunt and now i have no freakin' clue what to do. and i didn't even think i needed one!