Wednesday, August 23


Accepted (2006, Directed by Steven Pink) D+
Okay, for starters the only reason I saw this movie was because New Wave had said that while I was on vacation for 9 days we should both go to the movies by ourselves and watch a really lame movie. Biting the bullet for the team, I purchased a ticket for Accepted. Seeing as how I was one of the older people in the theater I knew I was in for bad times. For starters I should have realized the error of my ways when I saw the movie was PG13. If it had been R there would have at least been some funny language or gratuitous nudity. Alas there was neither. Instead I got a movie that tries to teach a lesson about how everyone deserves to get an education, how different people learn different ways, and how everyone should at least get the option to feel "accepted" at some point. (See what I did there? I threw the movie's name in my review...see? Huh? man I’m hilarious) Anyway the movie is pretty predictable, there were very few times I actually laughed out loud, and the plot was very unbelievable. So if you are into lame movies then go see this one. If you need more info you can "Ask me about this wiener!" - see cause the guy is dressed like a hot dog and says that in the movie.....man I’m on a roll today.

Okay now we shall all wait with great anticipation for the lame movie that New Wave went to go see.............................................. oh wait.

3 comments:

pigern said...

The guest host on Ebert and Roeper gave the film a thumbs up. He said it taught an important lesson about education or whatever. It looks like TV movie caliber.

pigern said...

What bad film is New Wave suppose to see?!

Hedwig said...

i think she was supposed to see "step up"....